You are the network engineer for a new service provider called “Mythical Bits”. The routing protocol for the backbone of the network will be OSPF. To reduce the size of routing tables the company decided they want to create a design with different OSPF types like the “NSSA”.
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you, every router has a loopback interface:
Router Wodan: L0: 220.127.116.11 /24
Router Zeus: L0: 18.104.22.168 /24
Router Thor: L0: 22.214.171.124 /24
- Configure OSPF on all routers, configure the areas as specified in the topology picture.
- Router Wodan: Loopback0 should be Area 0.
- Router Zeus: Loopback0 should be Area 4.
- Area 4 has no direct connection to Area 0, solve this by using OSPF commands.
- Ensure you have full reachability.
- Configure Area 3 into a NSSA (Not so stubby area).
- Router Thor: add the following loopbacks:
Loopback1: 172.16.0.3 /24
Loopback2: 172.16.1.3 /24
- Advertise these networks into OSPF, do not use the “network” command to achieve this!
- Router Thor: configure a summary towards Area 0 for the 2 loopbacks you just created, make sure you do not advertise networks you do not have.
- Router Zeus: add the following loopbacks:
Loopback1: 172.16.2.2 /24
Loopback2: 172.16.3.2 /24
- Router Zeus: configure a summary towards Area 0 for the 2 loopbacks you just created, make sure you do not advertise networks you do not have.
- When you look in the routing table of Router Wodan you see some of the loopbacks advertised as /32’s. Make sure you see the correct subnet mask that has been configured.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of networking too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of CCNP.
You will learn all the secrets about OSPF, stub areas, not so stubby areas and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE!
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.