As a professional poker player you have won the WSOP (World Series of Poker) and now your financial problems are over you decide to start your own online poker room. The bluffing is over it’s time to configure your own company network…you have setup your own AS (100) and are connected to a service provider who is using AS 300. You are connecting your network to another big online poker website to exchange network information but you are using EIGRP instead of BGP to connect AS 100 and 200…the problem you face is that traffic from your AS towards AS 200 is being sent towards AS300 and not using the direct link between router Diamonds and Spades.
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you.
- All routers have a loopback interface:
Router Diamonds: L0: 126.96.36.199 /24
Router Spades: L0: 188.8.131.52 /24
Router Hearts: L0: 184.108.40.206 /24
Router Clubs: L0: 220.127.116.11 /24
- Configure EBGP between AS 100 and AS 300.
- Router Diamonds: Advertise the 18.104.22.168 /24 network in BGP.
- Configure IBGP on router Hearts and Clubs.
- Configure EBGP between AS 200 and AS 300.
- Router Diamonds: advertise the 22.214.171.124 /24 network in BGP.
- Router Spades: advertise the 126.96.36.199 /24 network in BGP.
- Ensure you can ping 188.8.131.52 from router Diamonds.
- Ensure you can ping 184.108.40.206 from router Spades.
- If you have any connectivity problems fix them by using next-hop-self or advertising the appropriate networks in BGP. Do not advertise the 192.168.12.X /24 network in any way.
- Configure EIGRP between router Diamonds and Spades:
Advertise the 192.168.12.0 /24 network.
Advertise the 220.127.116.11 /24 network.
Advertise the 18.104.22.168 /24 network.
- Ensure you have an EIGRP neighbor relationship between the 2 routers.
- Do a traceroute from router Spades to 22.214.171.124, which path is it taking?
- Use a BGP command to make sure that traffic from router Spades towards 126.96.36.199 is using the 192.168.12.X link and is not being sent through AS 300.
- When the link between router Diamonds and Spades fails it should use AS 300 to reach the 188.8.131.52 /24 network.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the routing protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of routing too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of routing.
You will learn all the secrets about BGP, administrative distance and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.