Mystical Corporation is using OSPF within their autonomous system. Their network is configured using different areas which seems to be working fine. One of the network engineers configured a summary for area 0 but it seems it’s not working, up to you to solve the problem.
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you as specified in the topology picture.
- OSPF is preconfigured with the areas as specified in the topology picture.
- Do not use show run! (this will spoil the fun 🙂 use the appropiate ‘show’ and ‘debug’ commands. This will teach you the skills needed to become a true troubleshooting master.
- Configure the network so you have full connectivity, make sure you use the areas as seen in the topology picture.
- Configure a summary on router Chimaera for the two loopback interfaces of router Cerberus. Ensure the summary is as specific as possible. The summary should show up as a interarea router, not as an external route.
- Ensure router Cyclops only sees the summary and not the specific routes.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the troubleshooting issues for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of troubleshooting too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of troubleshooting.
You will learn all the secrets about OSPF summarization troubleshooting and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP TSHOOT
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.