For this lab you need REAL hardware. You can't use switches in GNS3!
You need at least Catalyst 2950 switches for this lab.
You are a master of spanning tree and specialized in migration scenarios. Corkscrew inc. is one of your customers and they are having issues with their switches. There are many VLANs in the network and you would like to reduce the number of spanning tree calculations. As a result you decide to implement MST (Multiple Spanning Tree) for them.
- Configure all switches to use MST.
- Configure VLAN 10,20,30,40,50 and 60 on all switches.
- Configure VLAN 10,20 and 30 to use instance 1 for the spanning tree calculation.
- Configure VLAN 40,50 and 60 to use instance 2 for the spanning tree calculation.
- Configure SW1 to be the root bridge for the CIST.
- Configure SW2 to be the root bridge for instance 2.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the switch protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of switching too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of switching.
You will learn all the secrets about spanning-tree, MST, root bridges and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP SWITCH
Basic IOS for the switches should be sufficient. No special features needed.