Internet traffic is becoming more and more important since the company you are working for is focused on e-commerce. Every minute that their webservers running webshops are unavailable is causing profit loss. The company decided need a scalable solution and get rid of the single router (NewJersey), so there is no single point of failure anymore. Up to you to start configuring!
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured as following:
NewYork: F0/0: 192.168.1.1 /24
NewYork: F0/1: 192.168.2.1 /24
NewJersey: F0/0: 192.168.1.2 /24
NewJersey F0/1: 192.168.2.2 /24
L.A.: F0/0: 192.168.1.3 /24
L.A.: F0/1: 192.168.2.3 /24
HOST: F0/0: 192.168.1.200 /24
IPS: F0/0: 192.168.2.254 /24
- The ISP router has the following loopback interfaces, these are used to simulate the Internet.
Loopback0: 172.16.1.1 /24
Loopback1: 172.16.2.1 /24
Loopback2: 172.16.3.1 /24
- The host router has been configured with "no ip routing" which will turn it into an ordinary host.
- OSPF has been configured on all routers except the host router for full connectivity.
- Configure NewYork, Newjersey and L.A. for VRRP, use the group number "1".
- The virtual IP Address should be 192.168.1.254 /24 .
- Newjersey should be the master router, when it fails L.A. should take over.
- Hello packets should be sent every 7 seconds.
- Make sure the router with highest priority will always be the Master router.
- Configure authentication for VRRP, use password "vault".
- When the HSRP active router's F0/1 interface goes down, make sure it's no longer the master VRRP router.
- Configure the virtual IP address of VRRP as default gateway on the Host Router.
- Ensure you can ping the loopbacks of the ISP router from the Host router.
- Ensure that whenever 2 out of 3 routers are down, the Host router still has connectivity to the ISP.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the routing protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of routing too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of routing.
You will learn all the secrets about VRRP, gateway redundancy and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE