As the senior network engineer for a Dutch fishing company you are responsible for connecting all the different branch offices to the main network. The WAN technology you are using is Frame Relay, and you need to run OSPF over this WAN connection. It’s impossible to broadcast on this WAN connection.
- The frame-relay switch has been preconfigured for you, as you can see in the topology picture the following PVC’s has been configured:Router Barracuda to Salmon:
Barracuda: DLCI 102
Salmon: DLCI 201
Router Barracuda to Herring:
Barracuda: DLCI 103
Herring: DLCI 301
- Router Barracuda is the “Hub” router and the other 2 routers are the “Spoke” routers.
- Do not change any configuration on the Frame-Relay switch.
- You will need to create sub-interfaces on Router Barracuda.
- Configure the following IP addresses:
S0/0.102: 192.168.12.1 /24
S0/0.103: 192.168.13.1 /24
L0: 126.96.36.199 /24Router Salmon:
S0/0.201: 192.168.12.2 /24
L0: 188.8.131.52 /24
S0/0.301: 192.168.13.3 /24
L0: 184.108.40.206 /24
- Configure all serial interfaces for encapsulation Frame-Relay.
- Disable Frame-relay inverse arp on all serial interfaces.
- Use ‘clear frame-relay inarp’ to make sure the ARP table is cleared.
- Configure the correct DLCI numbers on all routers and make sure you can ping every IP address from router Barracuda.
- Configure the OSPF network type to “point-to-point” on all serial interfaces.
- Configure OSPF on all 3 routers, make sure you have full connectivity. All IP addresses including the loopbacks should be reachable.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the routing protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of routing too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of routing.
You will learn all the secrets about
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.