As a junior networking engineer you were always fascinated with science fiction movies, that’s why you are now working at a company specialized in special effects. The closest you got to light speed was sending bits and bytes with electricity through wires…nevertheless there is a task waiting for you. You need to configure BGP between your network (AS100) and the service provider (AS100). Setting up BGP was no problem for you, but users behind router Luke are complaining they can’t access networks in AS 200. Time for you to solve this problem…you feel the force is strong within you so this should be a piece of cake!
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured as specified in the topology picture.
- Configure IBGP between router Hansolo and Luke, use AS 100, use the loopback0 interfaces as source for BGP.
- Configure EBGP between router Hansolo and Leia.
- Ensure both BGP neighbor relationships are up.
- Router HanSolo: Advertise the 192.168.12.0/24 network into BGP.
- Router Leia: Advertise the 184.108.40.206 /24 network on the loopback0 interface into BGP.
- Router Leia: Advertise the 220.127.116.11 /24 network on the loopback1 into BGP.
- Ensure you can ping this network from router Hansolo.
- Ensure you can ping the loopback0 and loopback1 interface of router Leia from router Luke. You are not allowed to use static routes, don’t advertise network 192.168.13.0 /24 in BGP and you are also not allowed to use the BGP next-hop self command.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the routing protocols for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of routing too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of routing.
You will learn all the secrets about BGP, IBGP, EBGP, next-hops and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP ROUTE
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.