VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) is used within your organization to make sure clients will always have a working default gateway. One of your routers was having issues and someone from the network trainees decided to change the VRRP configuration to solve this problem. He didn’t exactly know what he was doing and he confessed he totally screwed up the VRRP configuration on all routers…up to you to show him who the router guru is and fix this problem!
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you.
- Do not use show run! (this will spoil the fun use the appropiate ‘show’ and ‘debug’ commands. This will teach you the skills needed to become a true master.
- Router NewYork, NewJersey and LA should work together for VRRP group 1 to create a virtual gateway with IP address 192.168.1.254.
- Test each router as the Master VRRP router and see if traffic from the client can succesfully be sent to the ISP router on the far side.
- Test each router to see if interface tracking is working succesfully. If the Fa0/1 interface on router NewYork, NewJersey or LA goes down then another router should become VRRP Master.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the troubleshooting issues for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of troubleshooting too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of troubleshooting.
You will learn all the secrets about VRRP, HSRP, GLBP troubleshooting and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP TSHOOT
Configuration FilesYou need to register to download the GNS3 topology file. (Registration is free!)
Once you are logged in you will find the configuration files right here.