Mystical Corporation is using OSPF within their autonomous system. Their network is configured using different areas which seems to be working fine. One of the network engineers configured a summary for area 0 but it seems it's not working, up to you to solve the problem.
- All IP addresses have been preconfigured for you as specified in the topology picture.
- OSPF is preconfigured with the areas as specified in the topology picture.
- Do not use show run! (this will spoil the fun :) use the appropiate 'show' and 'debug' commands. This will teach you the skills needed to become a true troubleshooting master.
- Configure the network so you have full connectivity, make sure you use the areas as seen in the topology picture.
- Configure a summary on router Chimaera for the two loopback interfaces of router Cerberus. Ensure the summary is as specific as possible. The summary should show up as a interarea router, not as an external route.
- Ensure router Cyclops only sees the summary and not the specific routes.
It took me 1000s of hours reading books and doing labs, making mistakes over and over again until I mastered all the troubleshooting issues for CCNP.
Would you like to be a master of troubleshooting too? In a short time without having to read 900 page books or google the answers to your questions and browsing through forums?
I collected all my knowledge and created a single ebook for you that has everything you need to know to become a master of troubleshooting.
You will learn all the secrets about OSPF summarization troubleshooting and more.
Does this sound interesting to you? Take a look here and let me show you how to Master CCNP TSHOOT